Wool roving, glass beads, fabric, marker, November 2012. Body about 3" long, overall length about 6".
I've been trying to figure out ways to do fish fins for a few weeks. I didn't want to felt them, as I didn't want them to be opaque. Tulle was too transparent. Other sheer fabrics frayed too much on their own, and painting it made it too stiff and opaque. I finally got something to work, and although I'm still not completely satisfied it, I'm pleased enough to leave it alone. I have another idea I'll try another time, but that requires more materials!
He is suspended from a thread, which I edited out.
Well that was a nice surprise today! Thanks to *Gryffgirl
for the DD!
Edit 6-21-13: Sold!